Certified experienced Welder to work in a welding and fabrication company in Grand Bahama. Must be able to use a variety of welding equipment and perform a variety of welding procedures. The successful candidate must be safety conscious. This is an important job as it provides the foundation for a strong infrastructure.
Key Job Duties
Must be able to read blueprints and drawings and
take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
· Must be able to determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
· Must be able to set up components for welding according to specifications (eg. Use appropriate tool to cut material to match measurements)
· Operate angle grinder to prepare the parts that must be welded
· Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
· Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
· Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
· Test inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
· Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
· Weld pressure vessels
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience
Proven working experience as a Welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and
procedures (SMAW, TIG, MMA etc.)
- Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties
- Experience in welding stainless steel, haselloy, mid steel,
cast steel, iron and aluminum welding.
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws,
squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and
- Knowledge of safety standards and willingness to use
protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Have a steady hand and great attention to detail
Desired qualities and attributes
Be a team player
Be well groomed and professional
Be prompt and possess a good sense of time
Have a positive attitude
Certification as a Welder
High School Diploma or equivalent
10-12 years experience as a welder is a plus
Proficient in English
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to lift more than 50lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within confined spaces.
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.