As a sales clerk/cashier, enthusiastically provide an excellent customer experience. The successful candidate will be required to assist customers with their inquiries and requests for items within the store and, as assigned, receive payments and provide change for items purchased by them. Maintain a clean and well stocked working environment at all times. Observe all company policies and procedures.
Key Job Duties
- Greet customers as they enter the store and make inquiries about the purpose of their visit
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Close sales.
- Tally purchases, provide customer with total, receive payment and provide receipt and change as required.
- Balance sale transactions at the end of every shift
- Stock shelves as required
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times. Adhere to store cleaning and stocking routine
- Ensure that all sales entries are correctly entered into point of sale system for all customers.
- Maintain regular and prompt attendance at assigned work location.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience
Proven working experience as a Cashier
Positive attitude and good communication skills
Desired qualities and attributes
Pleasant, personable, well groomed, individual.
High School Graduate
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to life more than 40lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within a confined space.
Full-time, Part-time, On-Call, Temporary
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.