An attendant to assist in the cooking of menu items and the preparation of customer selections. The candidate will perform routine tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes. A great restaurant attendant will be quick, diligent, able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the workplace. The ideal person will also be able to function in a fast paced busy environment as part of a team and will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction goals. Maintain a clean and orderly working environment.
Key Job Duties
- Set-up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Follow the restaurant’s prep list to plan duties
- Prepare food for service per menu and customer’s requirement
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the restaurant staff.
- Clean up station and take care of left-over food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space, cleaning dishes, sanitizing surfaces and taking out trash.
- Maintain regular and prompt attendance at work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience
Proven working experience as a restaurant attendant, cook, prep or line cook
Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
A team player with good communication skills
Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
Very good physical condition and endurance
Desired qualities and attributes
Pleasant, personable, well groomed, individual.
High School Graduate, Bartender’s Certificate a plus
Valid food handling Certificate
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to life more than 40lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within a confined space.
Full-time, Part-time, On-Call, Temporary
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.