Experienced Pipe Fitter to work in an industrial maintenance company in Grand Bahama . Must be able to assemble and install pipe systems, pipe supports, and hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Installs pipe for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems.
The successful candidate must be safety conscious.
Key Job Duties
- Coordinate with job manager to configure to configure pipe system lay out
- Cut, thread, and
hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and
pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related
equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing,
soldering, and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as
radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines,
using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and
related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as
supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks,
walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Install automatic controls used to regulate pipe systems.
- Turn valves to shut off steam, water, or other gases or liquids
from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
- Remove and replace worn components.
- Prepare cost estimates for clients.
- Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes
will not cause structural weakness.
- Operate motorized pumps to remove water from flooded manholes,
basements, or facility floors.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in a mixture of molten tin and
lead to obtain a coating that prevents erosion or galvanic and electrolytic
Required skills and experience
- Proven working experience as a Pipe Fitter
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws,
squares, levels, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and
- Knowledge of safety standards and willingness to use
protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Have a steady hand and great attention to detail
Desired qualities and attributes
Be a team player
Be well groomed and professional
Be prompt and possess a good sense of time
Have a positive attitude
Certification as a Pipe Fitter is a plus
High School Diploma or equivalent
10-12 years experience as a Pipe Fitter is a plus
Proficient in English
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to lift more than 50lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within confined spaces.
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.