Responsible for performing a variety of nail services and treatments for their clients hands and feet. This includes but is not limited to cleaning and trimming nails, nail polish removal, exfoliating rough skin, massaging hands and feet, applying nail polish, wraps, artificial nails and nail art.
Key Job Duties
- Adhering to the highest standards of sanitation, which includes cleaning and sanitizing tools and equipment
- Interacting with other members of the salon or spa team as to provide a seamless customer experience
- Recording and updating client records
- Marketing and working to build their business
- Must be comfortable working with clients one on one and in close physical proximity in a private setting
- Must be able to make customer feel relaxed
- Be knowledgeable about nail care and the products used by various skin/nail types
- Stay current with the latest products and techniques for all skin/nail types
- Be able to hold honest genuinely helpful face to face discussions with clients
- Maintain regular and prompt attendance at work.
- Maintain appointment schedule in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience
Proven working experience as a Nail Technician
Knowledge of basic salon hygiene
Be organized and tidy
Have high energy
Be able to multi-task, flexible and cooperative
Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
Very good physical condition and endurance
Desired qualities and attributes
Be customer service oriented and friendly
Be well groomed and professional looking
Be prompt and possess a good sense of time
Have a positive attitude
Certification as a Nail Technician
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to lift more than 40lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within a confined space.
Full-time, Part-time, On-Call, Temporary
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.