Certified experienced IT Technician to work in a well established technology solution company in New Providence. The Technician will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of internal and customer network environments. He/she will perform upgrades, preventative maintenance and troubleshoot network related issues.
Key Job Duties
- Installation and configuration of network devices (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, WAPs )
- Maintenance and operation of network devices (i.e. updates, patches, monitoring)
- Repair/replacement of network devices
- Maintenance and operation of Windows Server environments (i.e. Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Updates, Backup & Replication)
- Prepare documentation of server and network environments and applications
- Troubleshoot end-user support issues and applications
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience
In-depth knowledge of network protocols and services (TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, NTP, STP, 802.11, etc.
In-depth knowledge of Windows Server solutions (Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft Exchange, etc.)
Proven working experience as an IT Technician
Desired qualities and attributes
Be a team player
Be well groomed and professional
Be prompt and possess a good sense of time
Have a positive attitude
Certification as a IT Technician
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
High School Diploma or equivalent
Proficient in English
CompTIA Security+, MCSA certifications
Knowledge of network security protocols, devices and best practices
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to lift more than 50lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within confined spaces.
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.