Responsible for performing a variety of haircare services and or treatments for their clients including but by no means limited to shampooing, cutting, coloring and blow-drying the various types of hair including permed hair, hair pieces and wigs. The candidate must also maintain and update clients record and appointment schedule.
Key Job Duties
- Adhering to the highest standards of sanitation, which includes cleaning and sanitizing tools and equipment
- Interacting with other members of the salon or spa team as to provide a seamless customer experience
- Recording and updating client records
- Marketing and working to build their business
- Must be comfortable working with clients one on one and in close physical proximity in a private setting
- Must be able to make customer feel relaxed
- Be knowledgeable about haircare and the products used by various hair types
- Stay current with the latest products and techniques for all hair types
- Be able to hold honest genuinely helpful face to face discussions with clients
- Advise clients on their haircare needs.
- Ensure product inventory is adequate for daily use.
- Maintain regular and prompt attendance at work.
- Maintain appointment schedule in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience
Proven working experience as a Hair Stylist
Knowledge of basic salon and haircare hygiene
Be organized and tidy
Have high energy
Be able to multi-task, flexible and cooperative
Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
Very good physical condition and endurance
Desired qualities and attributes
Be customer service oriented and friendly
Be well groomed and professional looking
Be prompt and possess a good sense of time
Certification as a Hair Stylist
The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to life more than 40lbs.
Agility, the ability to bend and hand and finger dexterity.
The ability to work within a confined space.
Full-time, Part-time, On-Call, Temporary
This Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.